Slideshow from Seattle Pride, Le Faux at Julia's on Broadway
June 26, 2010
If you haven't had a chance to see Shannel host Le Faux at Julia's on Broadway, I highly recommend it. Each visit has been wonderfully fun; I scream until I'm hoarse, and work myself into a chair-dancing cardio frenzy.
I got a free Jagermeister black tank by snatching it out of mid-air like an over-eager bridesmaid. And just like that bridesmaid, I'd probably have engaged in a full-on smackdown had I not caught it legitmately. It'd only fit a twink in his early 20's, but that's irrelevant. I can't resist free SWAG. Maybe I'll hang it on my office corkboard as a conversation piece.
All of the performers were great, but Saturday night's show headlined Shannel, Raven and Morgan from RuPaul's Drag Race. We had VIP tickets, prime viewing seats, which was awesome. Before the show the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence entertained the crowd at the Capitol Hill block party.
Some of the Le Faux photos are a little blurry (shot without a flash, per management's rule), but I liked the shape and "spirit" they convey, so I left them in. Enjoy.
In other local news, Seattle is currently flying a Pride flag atop the Space Needle. It's pretty. More importantly, it demonstrates that our region is moving in the right direction towards fully embracing widespread diversity and acceptance.
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment